Sign Up
..... Connect Australia with the world.
Categories

Posted: 2022-08-02 09:45:00

The seven players were told to stay at home last Thursday for fear they would be subjected to abuse by their own fans at 4 Pines Park.

But Foran tipped those same supporters to show only love for the returning players when Manly’s season goes on the line against Parramatta on Friday night.

The Manly Seabirds embraced the rainbow spirit last week.

The Manly Seabirds embraced the rainbow spirit last week.Credit:Getty

“Those seven will be welcomed back, 100 per cent,” Foran said. “Everyone has a role to play in this team. None of us are bigger than the club. They missed last week because of their beliefs, that’s fine, but they will all come back and things will revert to normal.

“My gut feel is they will be fine with the crowd. They’ve stuck to their beliefs, and it’s not our place - or anyone’s place - to judge them on that.

“They’ve all done a great job when they’ve put on the Manly jersey, and that will continue until the end of the year. They’ll all put their best foot forward.

“This is a huge game for the club in terms of the context of our season, but also a huge game for us as a group. There are a couple of big motivating factors right there to try and win.”

“We need to get on with things and fight for the bigger cause, which is trying to go deep into the premiership.”

While Aloiai is still recovering from a knee injury, the remaining six boycotters were named in the Manly squad on Tuesday afternoon.

The Sea Eagles should have beaten Parramatta earlier this year when they lost Tom Trbojevic to a shoulder injury, then were harshly penalised for a late hit by Tuipulotu on Hayze Perham, which fired up coach Des Hasler afterwards in the press conference.

View More
  • 0 Comment(s)
Captcha Challenge
Reload Image
Type in the verification code above